Wednesday 13 November 2013

Three Times Naked?

So, Urban Decay's Naked 3 has been confirmed to hit the shelves soon. Who's excited? I am a proud owner of Naked 2 and prefer it to the first edition by a mile! Below is a picture of Naked 1 VS Naked 2. I find Naked 2 to be a lot more wearable, I wouldn't go near the blue shades at the end of Naked 1 & I love how Naked 2 has a matte black to finish any smokey eye off.



My most used colour is definitely 'Half Baked', which is so popular it's in both! This toasty (or half toasted) golden is perfect for a base of a smokey. It fits perfectly with some blended out orange and matte brown in the corner. Below, a picture of a client who's makeup I did with 'Half Baked' as the perfect base. Her gorgeous big eyes helped the look come together too, of course!


Anyway, onto Naked 3.. & I think it's time for a sneak peak! 


The first thing you can automatically tell is the new peachy colour scheme. I'm not 100% certain on the new addition to the Naked family's release date - and although it would be a great Christmas gift (if released in Winter), I find that the colours really represent Spring & Summer more than anything. When you think of Summer makeup, you think of golden shades, you think of gorgeous peach & pink! There's not a lot of dark shades in there for any heavy Winter contouring, in my opinion. Saying that, Winter makeup is all about Sparkle, and the Naked 3 palette certainly delivers. With 9 shimmery, sparkly shades & only 3 matte - this upcoming palette is all about the bling factor!

Although it obtains lovely shades, I do find that the entire palette has the same wash of colours throughout. In saying that, I love pinky eyeshadows - I can't get enough. Especially pink sparkle, that's me to a T really. But, do I really want to buy a palette that retails at around €40 (Based on 1 & 2) that exhibits a lot of the same colours? It's a little hard to go back & forth between 1, 2 and 3 trying to compare features - so let's show all 3 together for a better, in depth, look!


Now, what I would personally LOVE to do is go into Debenhams with a little cosmetic spatula and scrape out all of that gorgeous new shade 'Dust', but I reckon that may be frowned upon...
So, going from left to right, let's talk about each shade individually!

'Strange' - It's as if 'Foxy' (Naked2) and 'Virgin' (Naked1) came together and had a baby (Hail the Virgin Irony). It was born with Foxy's matte finish, and Virgin's gorgeous colour! This is a perfect base.
'Dust' - More of a cooler pink than 'Sin' (Naked 1) and slightly lighter too. I personally am most excited about this colour.
'Burnout' - A gorgeous shimmery peach. Not really comparable to any other shade.
'Limit' - Although it's most comparable colour is Tease (Naked2), it's a lot lighter & is much more pink.
'Buzz' - Super new, super vibrant, super pink! Buzz has no competitor on the previous editions.
'Trick' - Gorgeous copper shade, this new edition can be compared to 'Chopper' (Naked2), although it is a lot more red, it's also a lot lighter than 'Toasted'. (Naked1)
'Nooner' - Definitely a similar shadow to 'Tease' (Naked2), although it appears a little more pinky and little less brown.
'Liar' - It may be compared to 'Toasted' (Naked1). Although, Liar is a lot more cool-toned compared to the gorgeous reddish tinted Toasted.
'Factory' - It's lighter than both Hustle (Naked1) and Busted. (Naked2)
'Mugshot' - Darker and cooler than Toasted (Naked1) and YDK.(Naked2)
'Darkside' - I can't find any comparable shades to this new edition - A cool toned brown with a little bit of sparkle, it appears!
'Blackheart' - Although a little comparable to Busted (Naked2), Blackheart appears much more sparkly, finishing off the new sparkly, shimmery collection nicely!

Now, hopefully that made things a little clearer. As you can see, a lot of the shadows can be compared to the previous editions - Naked 1 and Naked 2. Although, there are a lot of completely new shades to hit the collection! To conclude - It is a nice palette and I love how they're incorporating more pink. Although in my verdict, there's a little too much pink and not enough contrast! But hey, this is just my opinion. And if you love Spring-style makeup, sparkle & shimmer then this palette is definitely for you! I hope you liked my spur-of-the-moment review!

Also, please don't forget to 'Like' me on Facebook - by clicking here! Martha xx
(All photos of the palettes were taken from Google)

3 comments: