Monday 5 January 2015

Lip Voltage REVIEW - Injection Free Plumping! ♥


Hey guys,
I'm sure most of you are aware of the number one lip plumping product on the market right now, that is 'Lip Voltage'. I've heard many mixed reviews and decided it's finally time to try it out for myself to see what the fuss is all about, and if it works for me. I received it months ago, but between a busy schedule and being repeatedly sick, my lips just haven't had the time to be beautified until now!

So, what is Lip Voltage?
Lip Voltage is by the company 'Dreamweave & Co.' It's a fast absorbing non-permanent peptide & collagen lip treatment that allows blood flow to the lips and gives them a bigger appearance. It lasts approximately 24 hours after application, so you don't have to be afraid of long term effects.

There's no clinic, no needles and no hefty price tag! 

How do you use it?
Always read the instructions properly when trying out a new product
Upon appearance, it looks like and holds like an average lip-gloss. As well as the gloss, comes 'Mix Up The Voltage' which allows you to customize your plumping effect and give it a turbo boost. Adding 1 drop will create low voltage, whereas adding 3 (max) will create the hottest & highest voltage. 'Mix Up The Voltage' comes in a little non-needle syringe, just for measuring out your amount of product. When applying the drops, dab the lip wand in and out of the tube for about one minute to ensure that the product is well & truly mixed around. Then apply!


Application
I noticed a defined lip line upon application
I used .15ml as I wasn't sure what my lips could take. I applied the product at 2:35pm and decided to note the effects minute by minute. I applied an even layer on both my top & bottom lip. 2 minutes later I felt a slight fuzziness in my top lip. By the time 5 minutes had passed my top lip was still the only fuzzy slightly warm feeling, so I decided to apply another layer to the bottom as it wasn't feeling anything. At 2:45pm my top lip started feeling super 
tingly and slightly hot. Still, my bottom lip didn't feel a thing so I decided to apply a third layer. Finally, at 2:50pm (15 minutes after initial application) both of my lips felt tingly and hot but bareable. 





Suddenly, I noticed in the mirror that my top lip was noticeably plumper and more defined around the edges. At 3:00pm I took my final photographs. The hot buzzing feeling didn't die down and only intensified. I feel it may bother some people and others it wouldn't. I didn't mind it, especially given the effects. I feel that I could have had a super intensified test-run by using the maximum product, but I wasn't sure how much my lips could handle using it for the first time, so I'll be intrigued to mix up the voltage even more next time. 

Does it hurt?
From reading multiple reviews and hearing many opinions, I believe it's all about personal pain threshold. Some people experience a certain level of pain and uncomfort, whereas others don't feel it at all. Some actually like the sensation! Whether you feel pain or not, I think that everybody will experience a little tingle. The pain level generally depends on the amount of 'Mix Up The Voltage' you use. (.1 ml - mild. .2 ml - medium. .3 ml - hot.)

Why does it hurt? (if at all)
Upon mixing in your 'Mix Up The Voltage', it increases blood flow and opens pores so the product can truly work, mimicking the effect of chilli on the lips without irritating the skin. 

How much does Lip Voltage cost?
The average retail price in Ireland for 'Lip Voltage' is €35, so don't be fooled by more expensive price-tags! 

Where can I buy Lip Voltage?
Lisa Wallace Beauty, 22 South William Street. €35
There are many stockists in the UK but here in Ireland, the plumper isn't as readily available. It is always better to buy from a reputable company than to buy a knock-off product a little cheaper from the internet. As with cosmetics and perfume, there is always going to be fake products out there that claim to be the real deal, When in fact, you're better off knowing 100% what products you're using.


Concluding Opinion (Hello0o, does it work?)
Well, you tell me! I would say yes. I have heard a few mixed reviews about the product that is 'Lip Voltage' so as you can imagine I was dying to test it myself. I am actually very satisfied with the results. I find that when used correctly and with the right amount of product, it should work for you too. I guess you'll never know until you try it for yourself!

Before & After 'Lip Volage' - Slightly different angles. Top lip noticeably bigger
Well that's it guys! I hope my review has been helpful.
Here's an idea - hashtag #lipvoltage into Instagram to see more Before & Afters! What do you think about it? Did it work for you? Let me know in the comments! Don't forget to 'like' Lisa Wallace Beauty on Facebook here to keep up with offers & giveaways! Martha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment