Sunday 4 January 2015

MAC Liverpool Buys! ♥

What are your favourite MAC products? I was recently in Liverpool and took advantage of my Pro discount. I get one in Dublin too, but the extra 5% stupidly seemed like an extra 50. Haha! I'm all for topping up my kit, it's an essential part of Makeup Artistry and will need to top up on bits that I've ran out of every couple of months if not weeks. I'm due one now, eeek! Though when I'm away, I really like to embrace my freedom and treat myself, so I bought a few new additions for my kit.


Every time I enter a makeup counter, or any shop in general, I suddenly 'need' things that never originally crossed my mind. When I saw these few things, I couldn't resist.
I purchased...

                                     MAC Lipstick 'Diva'
I've seen a few Makeup Artists that I know sporting this shade over Winter and I was never really intrigued, until I saw it in person. It's a perfect Winter colour and teamed up with the right lipliner works wonderfully. It's very bold though, I recommend a neutral eye to accompany it. Do whatever works for you though!
Retails at €19.50

MAC Pro Longwear Lipliner 'Bespoken For'
This is what I used to accompany my 'Diva' lipstick recently. I applied them both on the spur of the moment before heading out one night. I was wearing very little eye makeup so I figured it would work well. I'm still unsure if a dark lip suits me though! This isn't the best photo and as you may have guessed wasn't intended for my blog! Haha. Lip liner from the Pro Longwear range is a must! It lasts oh so long and needs to be removed with a lot of force. Retails at €20.00




                 MAC Lipliner 'Boldly Bare'

I'm really happy that I bought this lipliner. I'm notorious for my nude lips on 98% of my clients and this is the perfect one for them. It's a really light nude, slightly peach colour so it won't limit you to colder shades. Here's a sample photo of it used.
Retails at €16.50

                                                                                    MAC Pigment 'Coppersparkle'
I am a magpie when it comes to copper and bronze. These are my colours that I just can't resist! I never even use half of them. They work so well on blue eyes and I suppose that because my eyes are blue it's an extra attraction as it wouldn't just be used for the kit. I decided to test it out for the first time on New Years Eve. Being honest, I'm not the best with pigment and I hardly ever use it because I'm awful at applying it and feel it never shows true. I decided to scrap the usual 'Duraline' or mixing mediums and went straight into Duo Glue. I dabbed a cotton bud in Duo, then into the pigment. I then dabbed it on my lid repeatedly. I didn't finish there of course. I added some INGLOT glitter over it to finish it off. I don't filter my work but any photos of little old me need it - trust me! Haha
Retails at €24.50

Happy Shopping! Martha xx
(Prices are of Brown Thomas, Dublin)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment